Monday, December 28, 2009

Piatti Ristorante & Bar - Seattle, WA

My cousins came down from BC to visit us during Christmastime. We decided to take them to U-Village and have lunch at Piatti's. To my surprise, Piatti's is actually a chain restaurant. We realized after we saw the Piatti's logo that it was exactly the same as the one in San Diego that we went to over the summer. The food at the Piatti's in San Diego was delicious so I thought the quality of the food at the Piatti's at U-Village would be comparable.



We ordered the Di Parma appetizer which had prosciutto di parma, mozzarella, arugula & grissini.  The proscuitto was finely cut and authentic; the mozerlla was fresh and light; the bread sticks and black olives, however, were too salty for my liking. 




We also shared the funghi pizza.  It was supposed to have porcini & chanterelle mushrooms, garlic, roasted tomatoes, fontina & rosemary.  I say "supposed to" because all I could taste was the cheese and the grease, which is not my idea of an authentic Italian pizza. 



For my lunch entree I ordered the Pappardelle.  It had wide ribbon pasta, prawns, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, arugula, garlic, white wine & basil.  This was probably the best dish out of the entire meal.  The wide ribbon pasta tasted like it was freshly made.  It almost had the texture of a cross between lasgna pasta and Chinese egg noodles.  It was well done.  Unfortunately, the prawns were not fresh and rather dry.  The sauce and vegetables were fine so just stuck to eating the noodles.




My cousin had the Rigatoni and she said it wasn't very good. I tasted a little bit of it and the sauce was too salty and the noodles were undercooked.  And the spaghetti that my husband ordered was like your typical spaghetti dish. He said it was decent and would order it again.



I guess not all restaurant chains are equally the same. It's basically a hit-and-miss at this one. I would probably go again with friends, but I'll stick to the items I know are good. If you're willing to take a risk and try the other items let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment