Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chinese BBQ Pork

I have been trying to perfect my Chinese BBQ pork dish.  My recipe doesn't taste exactly the same as the BBQ pork you can purchase at the Chinese stores, but this home version comes pretty close.  I especially like the sweetness that comes from the honey and hoisin sauce.  This dish is very easy to make - just marinade it for at least 4 hours and pop it in the oven for about 45 minutes and it's done.  I like to make it on Friday's when I'm too lazy to prepare a huge meal and can't think of anything else to cook.



Chinese BBQ Pork

1 lb pork tenderloin

Sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons hoisin  sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
4 slices fresh ginger

Add all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.  Heat over medium heat for 1 minute to dissolve sugar.  Let cool.

Marinate the pork with 2/3 of the sauce for at least 4 ohours or overnight.  Save the remaining sauce for later use.

Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30-45 minutes.  Brush the remaining sauce over the pork while in the oven.  Cut into thin slices and serve hot or cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment